Department of Electronics Engineering
Supported by DST-FIST and UGC-DRS-SAP phase -II
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION:
Electronics Engineers Association is the student body of the Department of Electronics Engineering, MIT campus. Known for its large strength of active student members, the association is committed to improve the engineering skills of individuals by conducting frequent workshops and talks on recent technical advancements. The inter college technical symposium ELECTROFOCUS and the intra college symposium APOCALYPSE, organized by this association, presents a compendium of innovative events every year.
OFFICE BEARERS (2017-18)
President : Dr.S.Vasuhi
Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering.
Chairman : M. Sivaathithyan (2014504041)
Vice Chairman : G. Bavatharani (2014504044)
General Secretary : R.S.Vishnu Kumar (2015504586)
Treasurer : C. Mithun (2015504520)
INAUGURATION OF THE ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION 2016-17:
INAUGURATION OF THE ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION 2015-16:
The Electronics Engineers Association of the Department of Electronics Engineering, for the academic year 2015-16 was inaugurated on 31st July 2015. The inaugural function was presided over by Founder and CEO of Broadline technologies pvt. Ltd., Dr. M. Arumugam.
Dr. M. Kannan, Head of the department, Department of Electronics Engineering delivered the welcome address and addressed the first year students regarding the facilities available in the department.
The chief guest then delivered the keynote address and briefed the students about the system design and requirements for defence products. The proposed events and activities planned for the year 2015-16 was briefed by the Chairman of EEA, P. Ponnambalam.
Apocalypse is an intra-college technical symposium conducted every year by the Electronics Engineers Association for the second year and pre-final year students of various departments of MIT. As the name indicates, Apocalypse brings out the skills and talents of the students. This year, Apocalypse was organized on 4th and 5th of September. There were around 25 events covering analog electronics, digital electronics, robotics, networking and communication. General events like quiz, wise-prof, C-coding, treasure hunt were also conducted. Around 200 students are participated in each events with 800+ registrations. The overall participation in this event is more than 1000.
Valedictory function was held at the Seminar Hall of the Department of Electronics Engineering. The winners of all the events were awarded with cash prizes and certificates by Dr. M Kannan, the Head of the Department of Electronics Engineering. Cash prizes worth Rs. 35,000/- was awarded to the students.
National Level Technical Symposium, ELECTROFOCUS is organized on 26th and 27th of March 2016. Nearly 1500+ other college students and 500+ our college students attended the symposium. This year Electrofocus was a grand success with almost 3000+ registrations.
For the even semester, a series of events have been planned. The following technical workshops have been arranged for the second year and pre-final year students of the Department of Electronics Engineering:
- Internet of things
- Wireless communication and Networking workshop by BSNL
- Malware forensics and Dissection
Activities of EEA 2015-16:
Training sessions on Arduino Board and Android controlled robots were conducted. We have planned to arrange more workshops in the fore-coming months. Every year, the Electronics Engineers Association offers scholarship to two students of the Department of Electronics Engineering. This year EEA will be offering scholarships to 10 students of the department.
Also, various technical sessions for the first, second and third year students are being arranged by the staff and final year students. These sessions include helping the students in technical aspects like making them solve GATE questions, and helping them prepare themselves for various core and service oriented companies during their placements and other sessions to help the students improve their soft skills. A mock technical interview was conducted for the pre final year students at the end of the academic year by the final year students to help them to prepare themselves for the placement process when they enter into the final year.
- Workshop on “Embedded C programming of AT89C51 Microcontroller” on 4th of March 2016.
- Robotic workshops like “Quadbot, Quadcopter, Android botix, Line follower with hand gesture” were conducted on March 26th and 27th.
- Dissection and Malware forensics workshop
- Two days hands-on workshop on TI MSP-430 by TEXAS Instruments held during 15th and 16th March 2014.
- Routing using BGP4 and Perimeter Security by CISCO on 15th March 2014.
- Digital IC Design Using NC Sim, RC Compiler, SoC Encounter by CADENCE on 16th March 2014.
- Embedded System Design using FPGA Board by ENIXS Technologies held on 15th March 2014.
- Embedded System Design using ARM Micro-controller held on 16th March 2014.
- Latest Trends in Telecommunication and Networking by BSNL held on 15th March 2014.
- Robotics Workshop by infySEC held on 15th March 2014.
- Analog IC Design workshop conducted by Cosmic Circuits at Electro Focus’13 on April 11, 2013.
- Workshop on Image Processing using Labview by TechInnovates held on April 12, 2013
- Workshop on IPv6 by BSNL held on April 11, 2013.
- Workshop on 4G & long term evolution by BSNL on March 30 & 31, 2012.
- Workshop on Intelligent networks
- Workshop on Sixth sense Botz
- Workshop on Embedded system patterns and its networking
- Workshop on Analog Design and Integration: A portable/ Mobile Embedded systems perspective by Texas Instruments held during March 19 & 20, 2011.
- Workshop on Next Generation PSoC: PSoc3 & PSoC5 by Cypress Semiconductors held during March 19 & 20, 2011.
- Xilinx workshop on ASIC prototyping activities & Multiple FPGA based solutions by Coreel Technologies held during March 19 & 20, 2011.
MIT Alumni Association & AMITA Trust with EEA conducted the following special lectures and an alumni meet programme on 8th September 2009 presided by Mr.D.Varadarajan, Chief General manager, Tamilnadu Telecom Circle, Mr.R.Balaji, President, MITAA and Mr.T.M.Jawaharlal, Patron, MITAA.
- “Latest trends in Wire Technologies” by Mr.M.Venkatasubramaniyam, Senior SDE, BSNL Telecom Training Centre.
- “Latest trends in Wireless Technologies” by Mr.B.Sriramachandramurthy, DGM, BSNL Telecom Training Centre.
- Workshop on Analog Design by Texas Instruments on March 19th, 2010
- Workshop on ASIC Design by Open Silicon on March 19th, 2010.
- Workshop on Cloud Computing by IBM on March 19th, 2010.
- Workshop on AVR Butterfly Microcontroller by ATMEL Corporation on March 19th, 2010.
- Workshop On 3D animation by Professor Eddie Horn from Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland on March 20th, 2010.
- Byju’s Cat workshop on March 20th, 2010.
Electronics Engineers Association (EEA) of the Department releases a Magazine, “Impetus” edited by our students.
Magazine/ New letters