Vision of the Department of Production Technology
To develop disciplined, socially committed and technically competent production engineers with creativity, comprehension and managerial skills to design and manufacture innovative cost effective quality products for the benefit of mankind.
Mission of the Department of Production Technology
1. Train the students who will be able to design and manufacture innovative, environment friendly, ergonomic and cost effective quality products and services.
2. Improve the technical quality of the students to meet the challenges, competitions and opportunities in Production Engineering.
3. Prepare the students who will be able to solve socially relevant engineering problems and other complex problems by means of inculcating managerial skills.
4. Enhance the department-industry/research Centre interaction by means of training, internship and student projects to solve industrial problems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. The graduates acquire ability to create model, design, synthesize and analyze essential production operational skills, mechanism and automation system.
2. The graduates use their talent, self-confidence, knowledge and engineering practice which facilitate them to presume position of scientific and/or managerial leadership in their career paths.
3. The graduates apply their consciousness of moral, professional responsibilities and motivation to practice life-long learning in a team work environment.
a. Graduate will demonstrate strong basics in mathematics, science and engineering which serve as the foundation for the Programme.
b. Graduate will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data in the spheres of fundamental engineering.
c. Graduate will demonstrate the ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
d. Graduate will become familiar with modern engineering tools and analyse the problems within the domains of Production Technology as the members of multidisciplinary teams
e. Graduate will acquire the capability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems related to production engineering.
f. Graduate will demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility with reference to their career in the field of production engineering.
g. Graduate will be able to communicate effectively both in verbal and non verbal forms.
h. Graduate will be trained towards developing and understanding the impact of development of Production Technology on global, economic, environmental and societal context.
i. Graduate will be capable of understanding the value for life-long learning.
j. Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues pertaining to the health and well being of desirable living forms inhabiting the environment.
k. Graduate will demonstrate the ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice in the field of Production Engineering.
l. Graduate will be able to design and develop innovative/ manufacturable / marketable / environmental friendly products useful to the nation and the society.