Madras Institute of Technology (MIT) has a huge and spectacular sports facility covering an area of 28 acres of land at the MIT Main Campus and at Annexure (Rani Thottam) - one km away from the Main Campus.
1. Sports Facility at the MIT Main Campus:
Facility to play Volley Ball, Ball Badminton, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho has been provided to students and staff at MIT.
2. Indoor Sports Facility at the MIT Main Campus:
A Spectacular Indoor Gymnasium has been bestowed with the following:
1. Basket Ball Court, Five Badminton Courts, Weight Lifting Training equipment, a mini platform to perform fitness exercises and tables to play Table-Tennis.
2. In Hostel, separate facilities to play indoor games such as Chess, Carrom, Badminton, Table Tennis, and outdoor facilities such as Tennikoit, Volley Ball and Throw Ball courts are provided.
3. Multi-Gym Facility at MIT Main Campus:
A newly-erected 12 stations Multi-Gym Facility has been kept open for Students (Men & Women) and Staff.
4. Sports Facility at MIT Annexe (Rani Thottam):
It is situated a kilometer away from the Main Campus. It has 400 Mts 8 Lane Track & Field facility, Foot Ball Field, Hockey Field, Ball Badminton Courts, Volley Ball Court, Kabaddi Court, Kho – Kho Court, Cricket Oval, a Mini stadium to perform fitness exercises.
5. National Sports Organisation (NSO) Activities:
The NSO activity at MIT is a unique and regular feature for the enrolled students from the very first year onwards. It comprises
(i) comprehensive sports programs for the whole year and
(ii) A ten-day Compulsory Residential Summer Coaching Camp at the end of the second semester.
6.Physical Education Personnel:
Dr. B. Balakumaran(2017 - Till date), Spots Officer, is looking after the sports activities at MIT Campus along with other supporting staff in the Department of Physical Education.
Mrs. Evelyn Synthiya(2016 - 2017), Assistant Director of Physical Education, is looking after the sports activities at MIT Campus along with other supporting staff in the Department of Physical Education.